macbook and Vista

Reaction score
hey guys I'm getting my Macbook in a week i'm getting the 2.0 version and i'm going to boost the ram up to 2GBmy self. my question is what do you think of the graphics card how does it compare to 7600GT the one i have on my desktop and i wanted to know if these specs are good enough for run windows Vista without problems ( most importunately the graphics card )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
hey guys I'm getting my Macbook in a week i'm getting the 2.0 version and i'm going to boost the ram up to 2GBmy self. my question is what do you think of the graphics card how does it compare to 7600GT the one i have on my desktop and i wanted to know if these specs are good enough for run windows Vista without problems ( most importunately the graphics card )

The Intel 950 graphics chip is more then up to the task for running Aero in Vista.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
now we must ask ourselfs if vista is up to the task of being on the mac :)

OP
S
Reaction score
now we must ask ourselfs if vista is up to the task of being on the mac :)
ok your absolutely write vista doesn't deserve to run on a Macbook but I'm a vitrine PC user not by choice. but I'm from Egypt and apple stores just opened in Egypt this year so i just need vista for a wile until i get the feel of Max OS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I've run Vista on a Macbook and it runs just fine with all the fancy graphics. The Intel GMA 950 is a very capable onboard video solution. Though of course, it doesn't hold water to a serious standalone video card. It is definitely nowhere near the performance of your 7600GT.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
ok your absolutely write vista doesn't deserve to run on a Macbook but I'm a vitrine PC user not by choice. but I'm from Egypt and apple stores just opened in Egypt this year so i just need vista for a wile until i get the feel of Max OS

it was more of a sarcastic comment what i was trying to say :)

ive had vista business on a MB, and a MBP. It ran just fine on both.

I just am not all that crazy about vista in general. Plus i dont really need two OS's for now, and we all know what osx is! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.
I did a 3d Mark 06 test.
Here's my results. It's shocking.
Processor Intel Core 1997 MHz
Physical / Logical CPUs 1 / 2
MultiCore 2 Processor Cores
HyperThreading N/A
Graphics Card Intel(R) i945GM
Graphics Driver Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family
Co-operative adapters No
DirectX Version 10.0
System Memory 2048 MB
Disk Space 152.63 GB
Motherboard Manufacturer Apple Computer, Inc.
Motherboard Model Mac-F4208CC8
Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista

Score 226!:[

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.