• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What Comments Have You Gotten...?

Reaction score
from people that have seen you with your Mac? Whether it's in public, at home, etc....

This one kid keeps trying to tell me that PC is better b/c he thinks that Mac has no "right click" feature. :|

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, Yogie!

Yeah it seems you're caught with a kid that thinks the Mac is still pre-OS X. Lucky you! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
Mine are in my office at home, so all I really get is 'Are you on that bloody computer again?' from the Mrs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac G3 450MHZ 512 RAM DVD
"Red, why?"

I have to ask my self this everytime I look at the thing..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I can't post what they say on the forums, it would be against the rules. But it is all good things.. but with "creative" language.

Tak

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 inch Macbook Pro dual core Duo 2/G4 server
Nobody ever says anything bad to my face just on forums. In person its always positive.

As the the "right click" feature I've had to display that to other mac users! You would be amazed ow few new mac owners know about the two finger double click.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
I have a 40 minute train ride every day, so I get a couple comments a week, mostly positive and quite often from other Mac users.

One interesting comment was when someone sitting next to me said I couldn't run Outlook on my Mac, and then I fired up Parallels-- and Outlook. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
Friends from the industry i previously worked in consistantly said: "People use Macs?" "Bah, you can't play City of Heroes on that!" "You can't upgrade hardware on Macs!"

Of course I used to think that...now I'm smarter. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
One comment I got was "So you're a Mac person huh? My family switched a while ago"

Don't really get many comments in public, but that's probably because most of the people around me have one too :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
The best comment I have got is....

"Are you sure you have to be naked to use a Mac?" :p

I am off course joking, most people are more interested than have any kind of negative comment to drop. Like "What makes Mac's better?" or "How come you choose Mac?" obviously I explain.

But like everything you get the occasional "Mac's Suck, Windows are Better"... I wish I had a witty comment for them but instead I rob their Windows Laptop the smile soon goes off their face...Muhhaahaha

I don't understand the problem myself, I don't try and force people to use either Machine, the fact of the matter is it all depends on the Circumstances and what you are going to be using it for.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.