A Few (more) questions...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2Ghz C2D, 2GB ram
So far the wireless on my MB has been nothing short of amazing! Trumps my old laptop by miles!

Question 1:
There happens to be a place in my house (my basement) that recieves very low to no wireless, which is to be expected as it is underground, surrounded by cement, and two floors below my wireless router...
anyways, there happens to be an ethernet cable for that exact purpose. But being the newb i am, I cant figure out how to get it to work. I turn off the wireless and I get nothing, and if I leave it on, I get a very low signal that makes web browsing almost impossible....
Its on the same network as the wireless.

Question 2:
I finally got around to installing XP via bootcamp (thru necessity...) but again I am having trouble with the network. It doesnt seem to recognize the wireless card, and doesnt see the ethernet cable either.

Thanks in advance!

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
how long is that ethernet cable? you might just be to far from the routher...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I've got ethernet cables running from the basement to the attic in my house with no problems.

You should be able to turn off the Airport on your MacBook and just plug in the ethernet cable. Go to System Preferences -> Network. And you should see the Ethernet Connection as active

OP
RawfodoG
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2Ghz C2D, 2GB ram
figured out the ethernet cable. Silly me.

So any ideas about XP pro??

Reaction score
figured out the ethernet cable. Silly me.

So any ideas about XP pro??

Did you use the installation disk you created to patch the device manager in XP Pro? Are you using an Airport Extreme base station? If so I had to use the installation CD just to get connectivity... odd I know, but it worked.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.