Mac Apps, downloaded on a PC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM 320GB HD, 15" Macbook Pro 2.53 Ghz 4GB RAM 320 GB HDD
I was just interested to know if I download Mac software with a torrent app on my PC, burn all of the folders & setup.exe on a DVD and copied them onto my iMac would they install fine?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
I was just interested to know if I download Mac software with a torrent app on my PC, burn all of the folders & setup.exe on a DVD and copied them onto my iMac would they install fine?

Yes, if you're running Windows on the Mac. If it's an .exe it won't run on OSX.

The program is specific to the operating system, but it won't make a diffference which OS you run the torrent client on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Most of your Mac-related software will come in .dmg format and there won't be any need to create any special disc format or setup.exe file for it. The setup.exe is a Windows file that the Mac won't read anyway.
Also, all of the downloadable Mac software is readily available on sites like www.versiontracker.com and www.macupdate.com, so there really wouldn't be any need to get them from a torrent.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Every computer program is a bunch of 0's and 1's. It's just when you try to run them on the wrong operating system they won't work.

Just burn your files onto CD and they'll work on your Mac.

.exe files are Windows executable files which don't appear in Mac programs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.