Pdf as Email, How?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.6Ghz | 200GB 7200 | 4GB Ram | 32GB iPod Touch 2G
Hi,

Just today I was sent an email from a friend, when you opened the email it was like a pdf file, with text, images and a colored background. I was just wondering how you do this, I know you can attach a file to an email, but how do you have the whole email as one long document, with pictures and large text?

Your help would be great, I've tried googling, but nothing, below is a link to a sample of what I am trying to achieve, I get these emails once a month, but they dont come through as attachments, they come through as you would see them in the link below -

http://www.phaseone.com/Global/NewsLetters/RAWNEWS79.aspx

Anyway, I do hope there is a simple answer to this, and would appreciate any help, cheers Shaun.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
i think it is sent as a html file and mail opens it as a 'web page/document' inside of mail.

not sure tho.

OP
MacBurg
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.6Ghz | 200GB 7200 | 4GB Ram | 32GB iPod Touch 2G
Yeah, all I got out of googling was something about html, but how is it saved as an html file and then emailed?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.