problem with speaker

Reaction score
recently i got myself a new speaker but after i connected to it and whenever i plug out the external speaker,my internal speaker arent working..would appreciate if someone out there could help me with this..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
i assume you mean once you unplug the new external speakers the internal ones dont work.

right.

go into system preferences. go to sound and check in there that it isnt set just to play out external speakers or headphones etc..

update us when you have tried this.

OP
M
Reaction score
yea..i did go to the system preferences before posting up the problem but everything seems fine..it just dun work..

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Look down the hole in the Jack where you plugged in the external speaker. Do you see a Red light? If so it's stuck in Digital mode. Some say plug in the jack and unplug it a few times. There are a few threads on the subject here on Mac Forums that might help.

Also what Machine is this?

OP
M
Reaction score
u mean the external speaker??is creative..i' m using macbook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1GB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 Ghz 17" iMac Core 2 Duo, 13" Macbook 2.16 Ghz, 17" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHZ
Are you sure that you can use the internal AND external speakers at the same time? It may be an either/or type of scenario.

OP
M
Reaction score
what do you mean at the same time??when i plug in my external speakers,it automatically turn off the internal.So i guess is either you can only use external or internal at a time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 Ghz 17" iMac Core 2 Duo, 13" Macbook 2.16 Ghz, 17" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHZ
what do you mean at the same time??when i plug in my external speakers,it automatically turn off the internal.So i guess is either you can only use external or internal at a time.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. It's like plugging in headphones, the internal speakers are shut off, and only the phone are working. I think that it's probably the same deal with external speakers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.