My First Days With My Macbook

Reaction score
Brought my white macbook Monday from the apple store in Birmingham, I phoned up just to check the stock and ask questions the real helpful guy told me that I could get a 6% discount because im a student :D Over all it came to around £655 it’s a 2ghz core 2 duo, 80GB HD and 1GB RAM. Its took a little getting used to as expected but I’m really loving it, I like the way apple seem to think of all these little additions such as magnetic power cable battery indicator LEDs which make all he difference. So far ive installed office 2004 and Photoshop CS2, MSN etc which all run great ive had no problems at all. I was wary at first of switching from Windows over to Mac but I have no regrets at all and would never buy a windows laptop again. Just wondering what your thoughts are on getting the applecare package seems a good price and after only having my other laptop 14months before it died it seems a good idea. Anyway overall very pleased with my mac and hopefully ill see you guys around on the forums much more
Ben ☺

Reaction score
Hi nirvana!

You have an option to purchase the extra AppleCare plan anytime within the first 12 month warrant period. I didn't buy mine until the last 2 weeks of that period but it's really up to you when or if you decide to go for it.

I considered it essential after having my iMac G5 break down 4 times in as many months and this was in the 2nd half of the complimentary warranty period. My iMac was eventually replaced right on the end of that 1st year but I'd already bought my AppleCare as I don't plan on paying for any repairs myself. Apple don't really 'fix' many parts and you will be up for the full cost of replacement and labour costs too, if there are any probs after the warranty period expires.

If you add up the cost of parts then AppleCare is more than worth it IMHO.

Enjoy your MacBook and there's plenty of info here on M-F that'll be of interest to you, just hit the Search or if you strike a blank feel free to post.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.