Installing software

Reaction score
How do I install software programs and drivers in bootcamp? Do I use the windows drivers and windows installs while in bootcamp? I'm confused:[

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Have you downloaded and installed Boot Camp yet? Have you partitioned the drive, restarted the computer, and installed Windows?

You need to clarify a bit more for us to help you out, as I'm having a bit of trouble trying to figure out what exactly you want to install.

OP
M
Reaction score
I havent done anything yet. I have a music production program installed on my macbook running under OS X. I also have the drivers installed for my audio card to run under OS X 10.4.9.

I want to run my music production program under windows using bootcamp instead. How do I do it? Do I un-install the OS X version and re-install the windows version under bootcamp? Do I also need to change the drivers for my sound card to run on windows? :Oops:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
For starters, Boot Camp is simply a glorified partitioning program that creates a separate space for you to install Windows and run it like you would on any other computer.

What you first need to do is download Boot Camp from Apple's website and then install it. Then go through the steps of creating a partition, burning a driver disc, restarting the computer, and installing Windows XP. You will need a valid Windows XP installation disc with no less than Service Pack 2. Once you have finished installing Windows, load it up and then pop in the driver disc that was created in Boot Camp's setup wizard. This should install drivers that will allow you to properly use all the hardware on your Mac.

Now if you have any external peripherals or accessories, you will have to find and install Windows drivers for them on your own. Remember, Windows under Boot Camp runs like Windows on regular computer.

Most software licenses only allow you to install the software on a single computer. Installing Windows via Boot Camp is essentially like adding a second computer, so you most likely won't be able to install a single copy on both. But if you plan on using the software solely in Windows, then you shouldn't have this problem. Just install it as you normally would.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.