New iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.4GHZ
Hello all...I have owned a MacBook Pro since August. Since January I have been considering getting a desktop as well. On Sunday I finally decided to take the dive. I bought a 20" iMac. I am extremely pleased with my purchase. I have really enjoyed my transition fully to the Mac OSX world.

I first purchased an iBook G4 in January of 06...a week later they announced the introduction of the Intel chips in the Macs. I read in forums that these Intel chips would allow users to dual boot..while the people at the Apple Store obviously told me this would never happen I decided to return my iBook anyway. Finally in August I decided I would buy the MacBook Pro after letting some of the first generation kinks work themselves out.

Now that I have the iMac I have completely switched over. It is a wonderful thing. This iMac is probably the neatest looking designed machine I have ever owned. The few people who have seen it so far (who know very little about computers so they hadn't seen one) were in awe of it. Just thought I would share my new iMac excitement with you all!

P.S. I removed my Windows Partition from my MacBook Pro about two months ago and got rid of my Windows desktop at the same time...I'm completely free! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I've liked Macs for a long time but felt like I was stuck in the Windows world. When I heard Macs could run Windows I tossed by PC out the window. Ok, I sold it on eBay. I have the Windows partition and have used it twice in 3 months. Macs are great and feel the same happiness you do.
Thanks for sharing! And welcome to the forum. (This place becomes addicting!!)
Bryan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Another "no windows" switcher. You'll never look back. :D

I'm excited with you...cuz I know how it feels! Enjoy! :)

btw, welcome to the Mac-forums. You'll find this a great place to discuss your new Mac and come back often it's nice to have you here.

Reaction score
The amazing thing about Mac's is the swish and fancy animations and stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 13.3" || iMac 20" 2.16 GHz C2D, 250 GB HD, 2 GB RAM, || 32GB i-Phone 4 || 32GB AT&T 3G iPad
Yes, the iMac is a thing of beauty. I'm a recent switcher as well. My Dell 8200 is a very lonely dust collector now. The PC is there in case of the rare "need" to use it. The Mac is just so much more fun to use. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2GB, Mac Pro 2.66Ghz 3GB X1900.
The only time I've need Windows is when a hardware device doesn't provide a non-Windows firmware update method.

But I've not used Windows at home since getting a Mac. I don't have a computer with Windows anymore.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Last August I had no Mac's now I have 2 iMacs... Isn't life great :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Doesn't get much greater than that! ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC 20 inch dual core. 16 GB ipad.
Right decision

I'm on my second IMAC now, just got the 20 inch intel. I did throw my old pcee out the window, fed up with viruses and a poor OS. I've never been happier because I have to suffer windows at work and coming home to a real machine just makes you feel better. There are differences and I still get lost but you have a bunch of friends here who are always happy to help.
Use the Forum, It works.:D :D :D

Reaction score
I got my first Mac about three months ago got a 20" imac and I just love this machine sooooo much. It does everything I need it to do and more. No more blue screen of death. I still have a Windows machine I keep for the kids, and I don't care what they do with it. I will just reinstall every other month. funny thing is the kids beg me to use the Mac all the time. I don't blame them. When I get the money i will buy them one also. The Mac is just a well oiled machine, just does what it's suppose to do with out even a hic-up. I should have switched a long time ago.

I love my Mac.;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 " iMac Core2Duo, 2GHz Processor, 1 Gig of RAM, Mac OS X 10.5.3
I know exactly how you feel. I bought my iMac in September of last year, and that has been the best purchase I've made so far. I got fed up with having to reinstall the whole Window OS on my old PC every five months. Mac OS X has been running great with no problems since my purchase. That's roughly about eight months. Switching was one of the smartest decisions I've made.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
Welcome to the forum. I been a Mac user for awhile, although purchased a new Imac. I agree the design and speed are excellent. Enjoy!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.