OS X and Privacy

A

Ashcrow

What information, if any, is provided when using services on OS X. For instance, if I connect to a site via safari does it share my name, computer owner, or username? I havn't found anything on it yet and am really curious as I am a huge privacy advocate.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
All I can say is.. dont put Windows characteristics with Macintosh.

From my understanding is macintosh doesn't give out any of that information, let alone know it, unless you registered your computer.

Though, just because apple doesnt make programs that give out your information.. doesnt mean any child hacker couldn't get it off your computer with a few connections. (AIM is the easiest, i dont recommend talking to anyone unless you know them)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
ya, AIM is the way most l33t kids use their trojan horsie apps.

OP
A

Ashcrow

Thanks for the replies. I don't know that much about the Windows world myself but I have always heard about it and other closed operating systems sending personal data in the same fashion realplayer/realone does and that irks me.

Reaction score
You shouldnt have to worry, it's more secure than a nun's you-know-what ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.