Garageband!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
Hey everyone, Just thought i would post a quick thing i knocked up using a line in from my guitar amp, coupled with some samples (drums)

Features a tiny part of Vangelis - Conquest of Paradise :)

Ive uploaded a zip file up containing the audio file since the boards here dont allow the direct uploading of audio files!

~~ TS ~~

View attachment Vangellis.zip

Reaction score
Sounds great! I've connected my guitar direct to the line-in port so far. If I want to pre-amp do I just connect the guitar to my amp and my amp to my Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 Ghz 17" iMac Core 2 Duo, 13" Macbook 2.16 Ghz, 17" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHZ
Sounds great! I've connected my guitar direct to the line-in port so far. If I want to pre-amp do I just connect the guitar to my amp and my amp to my Mac?

You could do it that way. Another way would be to pick up a small input device, I'm using a M-Audio Pre USB, and either mic your amp, or send it through the line-in on the PreUSB. Garageband has tonnes of amp settings, so unless you're going for the exact sound that your amp makes, you may want to do it another way.

OP
TenderSurrender
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
Heya :)

You can run a line out from your amp but MAKE SURE its not the "Speaker out" since otherwise the full poweramp power will run into your laptop.

I use a line 6 "toneport" which can act as a amp emulator when you plug your guitar in and it runs (and powered) via USB.

I use the line 6 not as an amp simulator but instead as a box to run the line out from my amp into.

Hope this helps, feel free to post back with other questions, :)

~~ TS ~~

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.