Content Management Systems?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.16gz, 2gb RAM || 20" iMac, 2.4gz, 2gb RAM
Hey there.

Lets assume that I have everything ready and all the necessary server technologies and apps at my disposal (PHP, SQL etc).

Now lets assume I have no idea what to do with a CMS I downloaded. How I integrate it with the site I designed, how to make it work.

Now lets assume you know how I would go about adding a CMS to http://noakbridgefc.co.uk.

Reckon you could help me out? Any CMS will do, even if it has ads or something, I just wanna know how they work !

Thanks in advance :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Wow thats a loaded set of questions!
Integrating into an exsting site is a PITA. It's better to keep the CMS as a separate section of the site.
You should check out Joomla for an easy user friendly package.

OP
Lewwy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.16gz, 2gb RAM || 20" iMac, 2.4gz, 2gb RAM
Excuse my ignorance, PITA?

And what do you mean separate? I only really want the CMS for the main page, so the CMS needs to reflect the styles of the site, for example orange text and a gray background.

I appreciate the help, Honestly :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
haha... PITA = Pain In The 'donkey'.

In my experience, skinning pre-built CMS is really really intensive and hard. You're better off paying an expert, or picking one of their included skins.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
N/A
Drupal is making news too

ALso if your website is very small i.e having just a few pages then a simple wordpress install would do the job fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 ghz Macbook
i like drupal a lot although will probably take a good day to get your head around everything, especially the templating system.

a lot of beginners to cms rave about cms made easy and lucid cms. they maybe worth checking out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.