MBP Updates

Reaction score
I currently have a Powerbook but have recently been thinking of switching to a Macbook Pro, so i was just wondering if anyone knew of any updates that may be coming out soon for the MBP before I go ahead with purchase. I dont want to have bought a new notebook only to find out I could have got something better if I had have held of for a little longer

Kirsty :)

Reaction score
Wait till at least June 11th (WWDC), Mr. Jobs' keynote could bring the overdue hardware revisions to the MBP. Rumors include moving to Intel's Santa Rosa Chipset, LED Backlit Screens, a GPU Update, and even possibly seeing 2GB of RAM becoming standard.

Or maybe will just hear nothing but iPhone and Leopard talk.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.4 Ghz 2GB RAM
Would those updates take effect immediatly? Or would you have to wait very long?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
They are usually immediately (except in the case of appletv, leopard, iphone where they were building hype)

Reaction score
They are usually immediately (except in the case of appletv, leopard, iphone where they were building hype)

Those are also understandable cause there far more substantial products. Apple TV and iPhone were entirely new products, and Leopard being an OS has to be throughly tested, not to mention allowing developers time to adjust.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.