Internal modem issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro
Hi guys

I wonder if anyone can help me out. Ive ust upgraded from an iBook to the MacBook Pro. I managed to set up the internal modem to send faxes really easily on the last machine.

Now i didnt ask whe buying the machine whether there was an internal modem installed on the new machine, i assumed that being an apple it would.

I have tried to set up the fax preferences but can seem to do it. In the fax preferences list it doesnt display the internal modem.

Can anyone help or provide some guidance here as im getting very frustrated:Shouting:

Cheers

JT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
I'm pretty sure there's no internal modem on the MBP, there certainly isn't on the MacBook.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro
yeah ive just done a search and its looks as though they do not come as standard with a modem:Grimmace:

cheers

jt

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB
MBP does not come with internal modem.

If you need it, you have to buy an apple USB modem (I believe it's around $49, not sure).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro 17" 2GB Ram, Intel Core Duo
yea, i found that out right after i bought it, but that was because I really don't use modems anymore, I mean who does ?? I am sure their are people that do, but not as many as five years ago..

-mac 000

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.