G4 titanium questions

Reaction score
I'm looking at a G4 Powerbook Titanium 667mhz 768 ram 30 gig hd. It currently has os 9.2 on it. I'm wondering if this will be new enough to run most of what I want to do (Itunes, web browsing, basic photos stuff). Where can I get a cheap copy of OS X cheap? Will the Office 2001 it has work with OS X? And what's my best bet for geting a wireless card for this thing? The asking price is only $250, it seems to work well, the disk drive is a little noisy, but seems to work. Worth getting?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4
Ebay! all your airport and software needs. Good price, go for it. You should be able to run tiger ok. But panther might be best. Not sure about ms office, but it should work. The airport card can also be found here. Remember to get the "airport card". Not the "airport express card".

http://www.megamacs.com/v1/

Reaction score
1. Ebay for OSX and Airport Card
2. 9.2 will run pretty bad if you use it with OSX installed
3. OSX will run okay if you only want to do basic things
4. Office 2001 - No, you would need to get Office X (this was the first version of Office for OSX) or Office 2004 (the later version). Proabably pick those up on eBay as well
5. I'd probably get something a little newer but it depends on what you're using it for and how much you want to spend.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
It will be somewhat slow, it is only 667MHz. For $250, I think you could find an 800MHz G4 iBook. But if you are going to be pumping more money into it with an airport card and other goodies, I would find something faster with everything you will need. It will cut down on a ton of shipping costs. If you hold out, you'll eventually find what you are looking for.
Bryan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
I have a TiPB 677, it has airport/wireless built in.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.