time for a new mac...almost

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
800 mhz iBook G4- 12"
hi all...i have a bizillion questions about my future new macbook pro. I already know that it will be a tricked out 17", but the following are the 3 big questions to which i seek your counsel (feel free to answer one or all):
1- would you get apple care? or a different insurance? i travel a lot, have 15"powerbook for 3 years, and never had it....pressing my luck and hoping my USAA renters insurance is enough.
2-cloning...i know about superDuper and the others, but which is the best for data migration? and will i loose software licenses? And most of all, how does this software work when going from an older OS to a newer OS? i fear i will turn on my new macbookPro and see os 10.4, and not leapord (yes i will buy after leapard is available)
3-if you knew you were not going till buy till November, would you just wait till after MacWorld in January...just in case something big comes out???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.