website critique

OP
D

design2

what do you guys think of www.ebesign.co.nz now? if you got flash it should go to flash.html and then you click on the text to enter..theres heaps of spelling mistakes. but im hoping the look is ok.?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
The flash code is still a bit buggy and most people prefer a uniform layout to one that changes twice before entering the main site... but I like the colour scheme & general feel.

OP
D

design2

yeah i read a flash detection thing that read put a flash movie into the index page to getURL flash.html , and thought it was very simple however its not instant enough and it looks like something is wrong..

OP
D

design2

problems..

i got some flash problems, if u can please help.

1) i have setup my web pages in flash to be on different scenes as to have a little structure and have buttons with actionscript..
on(release) gotoandplay(scene,etc)
but when my movie is viewed if you click on lets say the home button when on the home page you move onto the next scene/page but i want it not to move..

2) i am also having problems with my movie arrangement.
i have 3 sub menu movies in my personal page when played the content box changes for new content however the sub menu titles are still coming through..

3) i have tried to setup a small php driven email form in flash
so i created input field types with the variables; name, email and body.
they are all in a mov with instance form and with the actionscript
onClipEvent(data){
_root.nextFrame();
}
outside of the form mov i have the submit button with the script
on(release){;
form.loadVariables("php/email.php", "_POST");
}
the button has an instance of send
i have a email.php file in a php folder (yes the right one) with this

<?php
$sendTo = "[email protected]";
$subject = "website comments";
$headers = "From: " . $_POST["name"] ." ". $_POST["lastname"] . "<" . $_POST["email"] .">\r\n";
$headers .= "Reply-To: " . $_POST["email"] . "\r\n";
$headers .= "Return-path: " . $_POST["email"];
$body = $_POST["body"];
mail($sendTo, $subject, $body, $headers);
?>

OP
D

design2

ok i've decided to **** with flash for the meantime..especially full flash sites, they take too long.

check out the html ebesign.co.nz
theres not much content but i think it should do me.
its quite basic.
its all on one page and the navigation is anchor links
but im not sure if i need a link back to the top of the page or what,
or why not many people use them.

i am liking being back with html because i can use alt tages, and the body text and description , keywords , etc are all picked up with search engines.

design2

OP
D

design2

can this thread now be deleted?

can some mod now del this whole thread please? it comes up on google when i type ebesign.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.