Audio Hijack Alternative ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro (2010) 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM
Theirs some Dj sets i would like to record from a website ,but when i am using Audio Hijack, because i have not bought the software and it is just a trial the quality of the audio gets worse after a few minutes..is their any good free software out their that would allow me to record internal audio on my computer ?????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Audacity won't record streams on a Mac. Will on Windows, but not on a Mac. Don't know why, but it just doesn't. Maybe if you do the patch cord thing from line out to mic in, but that's kind of hokey.

I shelled out the $32 for Audio Hijack Pro and couldn't be happier. It records from all the apps (iTunes, Quicktime, even WMV streams with quicktime and the Flip4Mac plugin) and ONLY the audio from the particular app you tell it to. No system sounds, etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G4 Sonnet 1.0 512 Ram 10.3.6
stream ripper x is the solution

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
stream ripper x is the solution

..which could then lead to a further problem. Many sites that stream audio anymore these days have software to detect stream rippers and auto-ban the listener. Those guys hate it when we record their streams for some reason.

Audio HiJack cannot be detected by their ban-ware.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.