How Long?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15' 2.33Ghz C2D MBP, 3GB RAM, 200GB HDD
How long does it usually take to receive a replacement Macbook Pro? I called them last Monday, complained, offered free upgrades, iPod, and Final Cut Studio 2. I sent it Tuesday and received a confirmation that my order has been placed because they confirmed I sent it (same Tuesday). Now it's a week later and I have received nothing from Apple except last Tuesday's confirmation that they were placing a replacement order. Monday they told me that the iPod would ship within 24 hours and that the Macbook Pro has a 1-3 day processing and then an overnight shipping. What gives?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
give them a phone call? cant hurt, and after a week, id wanna know exactly what the deal is.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh, I'm still mad. Called them up. Never got a clear answer as to when anything was going to ship. Finally, they managed to tell me an order number and said that an order was placed last week. I kept demanding that they give me a regular Macbook or something that can ship within 24 hours on top of my order now after a customer support rep said that nothing would ship until the 26th.. and I was like... "WHAT?!" The order number they gave me said that everything would ship the 17th-21st. They said they would expedite things since I haven't had a computer for over a week. Now the ship date has changed from what I mentioned before to the 23rd-25th. WHAT GIVES?

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've been through FIVE broken Macbook Pro's and about a month of hassle from Applecare. Most people would have given Apple the finger and bought a Vaio by now. The only reason that I even bothered to stay was that they were going to send me a free 80gb iPod and Final Cut Studio 2. I'm back to being hassled, and I haven't had a computer for over a week now. Ship times are getting pushed back and I'm on the edge. I asked them to overnight ship me a Macbook on top of my order because I need a computer. I hate Apple.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.