werid sound when inserting any cd???

Reaction score
I have a brand new mac book and when in slice a cd into the cd/dvd-rw the cd enter normal but when is inside ataching theit makes a really weird sound, is this normal in a macbook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4
If everything is working fine, then yes, it's normal. Mine makes all kinds of noises.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I put in a CD ROM to install a Crazy Machines game on the Macbook, and when I did that the drive was spinning like crazy and it was so loud! But I think that's normal. I remember putting in the utility disc to format the drive the first day I got the Macbook to get rid of the applications that are pre-installed, it was spinning and loud like that too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Sometimes the drive will set up a vibration at certain spin speeds, my iMac makes a **** of a racket sometimes.

M

momma bear

Whew! Nice to see I am not the only one with this problem. I feel better now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
some cd's are louder than others (because they arent completely flat). its just the nature of the beast (superdrive (slotload) and cd's).

i have noticed that my GF's macbook cdrw is very loud now when pulling the cd/dvd in. something it never was before.

OP
H
Reaction score
wow then is normal my friends mac does the same thing too lol like you guys i feel much better now lol, hey origami i did that to my mac too, the first day i erase and install a fresh copy of mac os x just to remove a bunch of applications i didnt really needed i free up to 10GB... thats a lot ,. kgeier82 i think your GF's macbook is ok cause mine's too makes that really loud sound when pulling in any cd

Reaction score
hi.

yes mines loud to. and it makes a raquet and when it is ejected, i somethimes grab the cd really fast- as it pops out.

always sounds crazy when ejecting.
but this is the norm, and also when chugging away in the machine to- expect a lot of odd noises!

Reaction score
whew! a good thread...yea mine makes a raqueting sound as well...i thought it was just mine

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.