More partitions

Reaction score
Hi,

At this time i run two partitions with Xp and Osx but i want a third. I want to make it in fat format to that i can access it from both sides. It is for my school stuff.

How do i do that?

Thank you

OP
M
Reaction score
No one?
The third partition should only have a size of about 5 gigs and should only hold documents.

Reaction score
I have four partitions created with Disk Utility. But that's on a G4, so Boot Camp (your use of "both sides"?) is a non-issue.

I know only as much about Boot Camp as I've picked up in threads here, but apparently it can make a partition without loss of data. But don't take that as gospel from me.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply.
So i should be able to to it with Disk Utility?

What i mean is that i want access to the data from both Windows Xp and OS Tiger. That is why i want to make a small partition to host my documents.

Reaction score
I don't know whether Disk Utility has been changed in any signficant way from mine to make a proper Windows partition. But whether it has or hasn't, you have two choices: booting into one system or the other using Boot Camp, or using a third-party program called Parallels that runs Windows inside a Mac window so you can run both at once.

Run a search on Mac-Forums (there is plenty on the subject on Mac-Forums), or on the Apple site (where everything is official), or on the web in general, using the terms "OS X" "Boot Camp", and "OS X" Parallels.

That about exhausts my knowledge of either of them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.