Powerbook with Tiger

Reaction score
I have an early 2004 aluminum Powerbook. My hard drive finally crashed last week, so I'm getting a new one soon (probably a 5400 Ultra ATA, I have a thread asking for recommendations on this in the Hardware section) and figured it might be a good time to make the leap from 10.3 to Tiger. I'm a little wary of this because the last time a made a big leap, on my G3 iMac, from OS9 to OSX, everything slowed way down and was never the same again, even after I went back to OS9. It seems like more and more apps coming out require 10.4. Is it worth the $130 to upgrade? Any pros/cons from people who've been through similar situations? Any input's appreciated.

OP
W
Reaction score
I do a lot of video editing, currently with AVID Xpress Pro. It's an older version, 3. something. How does AVID work with Tiger and the newest iLife version of iDVD?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.