• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

imovie help!

Reaction score
i have made a video on imovie, and the video works on my mac with quicktime using .mov or .avi
however i sent this video to my friend and it did not work on their PC quicktime..and i cannot add it to any video hosting sites like photobucket, youtube or myspace as it says video server error and such like.
can anyone tell me how to make the video work? do i need to change the format?

thanks

Reaction score
The latest version of QuickTime allows you to Export the movie to Windows Media. You could try that.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    32 KB · Views: 4
OP
L
Reaction score
is there no way of doing it with the current version of quicktime that i have?

Reaction score
lau523, I forgot I have QT Pro ... that WM option is only available to Pro users.

I will find a solution for you if you'll bear with me ...

When you burnt the movie to disc did you do it via iDVD?

OP
L
Reaction score
no i just made the movie and saved it, and it came up as an .mov file for quicktime

Reaction score
What's the filesize of the movie and can I suggest your friend drags it from the disc to their hard drive and then try to watch it by double-clicking on the file.

Reaction score
When you say in your 1st post that you made a movie in iMovie .... could you provide a few more specifics ..... exactly what can you tell me about this movie ... did you import it into iMovie or create it in iMove using your iSight camera if you have one? If you imported it into iMovie, then how did you create this movie.

OP
L
Reaction score
i imported it into imovie from my camera and the clips were all .mov's before i put them together..it also containted a few .jpgs

Reaction score
Can you try sending the movie attached to an email? If it's only a few mbs it shouldn't take too long to send. It could be a MSN file transfer prob.

OP
L
Reaction score
i dont think it is..coz the files arent working on pcs with quicktime..i found a convertor programme..and the movie works when its in .3gp or .mpg but they make the movie really small
thanks for your help! xx

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.