Tired and frustrated, starting to love my Macbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook c2d 2.16ghz 1gig ram 120 gig hdd
Well... got my feet wet last night! stayed up all night foolin around with my new macbook.....felt like my very first date in the backseat of My camaro, FUN, but.....akward! Makin all the switcher mistakes, except for renaming my home file...Thanks to MF I could get tips on how to make the open window bigger,(drag corner) etc, still have yet to learn all the shortcuts.

Still havent forgotten my old girl though....opened up the case on my gateway and found the squeeling wasnt a dying hard drive but a power supply fan full of gunk runs quiet now.... why should I care?, you ask... means I will have more time with my new mac!!! My kids love garage band and photo booth, osx is worth the price just for that IMO. Many Thanks to all of You who helped me decide!!!

One more thing: those of you interested in a macbook for less they are discounting the previous c2d 2.0 ghz models they have left by $100.:Sleeping:

Reaction score
Hey Sockeye, how did you know what all the usual switcher mistakes were? My Macbook has been shipped and on it's way to me, is there a Dummies Guide to Macs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2 GBs Ram, 250gb My Book, 500gb Lacie,40gb 3rd Gen ipod,60gb ipod video
read the stickies dyinginavan, lots of good info there

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Hey Sockeye, how did you know what all the usual switcher mistakes were? My Macbook has been shipped and on it's way to me, is there a Dummies Guide to Macs?

Yes there is a Dummies for Macs but another great guide is Mac OSX The Missing Manual, Tiger Edition it's full of great info. You can get it on eBay or Amazon. Enjoy! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
check out the switcher stickies. - good info there.

OP
sockeye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook c2d 2.16ghz 1gig ram 120 gig hdd

There was a great list by kash and many others,Its here somewhere!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.