Applications getting slower

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 60GB HD, 512MB RAM
The applications on my Macbook seem to be getting slower. I get the spinning beach ball alot more when I'm opening up applications or closing them. Sometimes Safari will freeze when I try to close it. I've had problems with keyboard functions too. If I press the volume button, it takes a while until the volume actually goes up. If I open dashboard, it takes a while to open up.

I seem to be getting the problem alot when I come back from sleep mode. It's not constantly happening. Like right now it's fine. I'm not sure if it's that I have little RAM because Safari gets slow when that's the only thing that's open. Anyone know what's causing this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
512mb RAM is not enough. 1Gb minimum is recommended.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD
Yeah boosting up the ram should help speed yup your macbook significantly. It's using your harddrive once it runs out of ram. The harddrive is significantly slower then the ram and therefore slows down your programs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.