iChat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Today my Mac started ringing. Yup just like a phone. There was a promt that someone invited me to audio chat. so i opened it and i talked with a chat buddy for more then an hour! Good clear voice conversation! :) :cool:

M

markceltic

Hello witeshark, so do I take it you were surprised at this? If you're on broadband it's even better.Anyone who wants to iChat sometime I go by the same nic on here, ok!

C

chris041067

i would have to agree, the audio chat on ichat rocks! only...with the powerbook the mic is right next to the speaker so there is a bit of an echo for the person on the other end. i found that using external speakers fixes this just fine.

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
I wish Adium had voice chat and video chat, or iChat had support for ICQ, Yahoo!, and MSN. :(

But uhh, I have an iSight, and we could one way video chat.

OP
witeshark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
markceltic said:
Hello witeshark, so do I take it you were surprised at this? If you're on broadband it's even better.Anyone who wants to iChat sometime I go by the same nic on here, ok!
I was a bit surprised; a similar app on my pc simply never worked :)

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
AIM? That has video chat.

B

BooAdam

witeshark said:
Today my Mac started ringing. Yup just like a phone. There was a promt that someone invited me to audio chat. so i opened it and i talked with a chat buddy for more then an hour! Good clear voice conversation! :) :cool:

so why the heck doesn't my audio chat work? i have tried with 2 others who have macs and it just says such-and-such did not respond?

...well, he did, but it just doesn't work!

ps. we are on broadband!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
If you are behind firewalls that could cause problems connecting to other users

B

BooAdam

trpnmonkey41 said:
If you are behind firewalls that could cause problems connecting to other users

i still dont' get what firewalls are. so how should i proceed?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.