• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

.mov file help!!

Reaction score
how do i compress a .mov file so i can email it. I made a slideshow with music and about 80 pictures in iphoto and made a .mov file out of it and want to share it. I would like to email it to grand parents etc. so they can play it. suggestions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
In QuickTime
File -> Share

OP
S
Reaction score
thanks, i guess my problem was that i needed to upgraded to QT Pro. another 30 bucks. the other problem that I'm running into is that mail program is closing unexpectedly while the .mov is being exported to it from QT. ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
Is the file pretty large? Maybe too large to be an attachment still?

Export the slideshow, then import it to iMovie, then Share>>Quicktime>>Expert Settings

Select .mov format then 'Options' button. Set the bitrate lower, and the audio to 64 bit, 24000 Khz, see if that helps...if any of this has wrong units, sorry, not in front of my mac right now.

Brian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.