Ways to protect my new purchase?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, 2.0Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram
Hi everyone, im purchasing my new macbook pro 15" on Friday totaling £1400 odd, and want to protect it in every way possible.

What should i go about purchasing to protect it from scratches and dirt etc? ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 14" M1 Pro, 16GB, 1TB, OS 12.6.9
Hi everyone, im purchasing my new macbook pro 15" on Friday totaling £1400 odd, and want to protect it in every way possible.

What should i go about purchasing to protect it from scratches and dirt etc? ;D
Short of getting a case for it?

I suppose you could get a hardshell case, a keyboard skin, and a screen protector. But it would probably be better to accept the fact that it's a laptop, and although you can keep it in nice condition with a little care, it's not going to be pristine forever.

It's like getting the first little door ding in a brand new car. After that, you don't need to park a mile away when you go to the mall.

-Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,white 2.16ghz C2D/2GB RAM/120GB, iPOD 60GB
Reaction score
im getting a speck case too but i dont know which color to get for my black macbook. can anyone post a real-life pics (or links to it) of macbook with speck seethru on it please? thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16Ghz Mac Book Pro
I've just been in the same position as you Stevonw. Got my MBP a couple of weeks ago and got seriously paranoid about damaging it!

I got myself a LArobe soft case here and an iSkin keyboard protector see here. The keyboard protector is great and the amount of dirt that's collected up on it already is amazing! So glad the dirt is there and not in between my keys!

Obviously there's plenty of cases on the market but i wanted something that would fit in my bag nicely so i can take it to uni etc. I've also heard good things about Brenthaven cases.

Reaction score
I've been trying to keep my MBP in nice shape since I bought it. I use a Glove sleeve from Radtech and a screen protector/wipe from Radtech for when the laptop is closed. I don't use a keyboard cover or a palm cover, but I do use a folded paper towel-type cloth on the palm rest when I'm playing games for an extended time. Seems to work just fine.

The Speck seethru hardcase seems to get pretty good reviews from the folks who use it.

Reaction score
I am using a speck see through case for my MBP. Given to me free when I brought my MBP. I also have a keyboard protector, though you might want to be careful with it.. Somehow it keeps leaving stains on my LCD screen. Probably due to the dust collected. I also have a LCD screen cleaner, which I think is a cheaper investment than a screen protector. I also have a sleeve, but I forgot which brand it was, but it wasn't cheap.

and I would really get a LAPTOP LOCK

I am also considering the iLap, but I am rather short of cash now...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.