I think I'm going to go crazy

K

Kananigirl

I was seriously going with the 12" powerbook, heck I'm probably going to still go and get it. I found out yesterday I won't be able to get that 15% off discount. My friend used all 3 of his discounts so I'm stuck paying the the full price. My lucky brother got the kewl discount with extra 512 RAM and an airport extreme card. :p My friend did mention to me that some stuff is 10% off, if I wanted. The 15" Powerbook, only the 1 gHz combo drive one for the same price as the 12" Powerbook. Then as I was coming home I had thoughts, that I'd get the 12" ibook and just get it right now from the store.

Bummers...I want my Apple now.

OP
T

TylerMoney

well, you'll get one soon enough. patience is the best way to deal with the situation though...in spending that much money, you want to make sure you get exaclty what you want. The 12" iBook is an excellent computer..however, if you really want the 12" or 15" powerbook, you should just wait a little longer...or if you would be completely happy either way....get the iBook.

OP
K

Kananigirl

TylerMoney said:
well, you'll get one soon enough. patience is the best way to deal with the situation though...in spending that much money, you want to make sure you get exaclty what you want. The 12" iBook is an excellent computer..however, if you really want the 12" or 15" powerbook, you should just wait a little longer...or if you would be completely happy either way....get the iBook.

I agree, I definitely need to be patient. One more week, one more week...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
I'd say definitely wait for the Powerbook if that's what you truly want. However, the iBook is a perfectly capable machine for daily use, and students.

Definitely base your decision on which one you truly want, and not which one you can get first.

OP
K

Kananigirl

Osiris22x said:
I'd say definitely wait for the Powerbook if that's what you truly want. However, the iBook is a perfectly capable machine for daily use, and students.

Definitely base your decision on which one you truly want, and not which one you can get first.

I definitely agree with you... I was hoping for the one that will last me the longest in the end.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
In that case I would definitely say that the Powerbook would be your best choice. The faster CPUs and frontside busses, will surely last you longer.

OP
K

Kananigirl

Osiris22x said:
In that case I would definitely say that the Powerbook would be your best choice. The faster CPUs and frontside busses, will surely last you longer.

That's what I was thinking... I'm also trying to find out about the homeschooling educational discount from my friend who works at Apple. Another friend told me to buy the computer that way, but it would be under one of my sisters.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 2.16Ghz, 1GB ram
Kananigirl said:
That's what I was thinking... I'm also trying to find out about the homeschooling educational discount from my friend who works at Apple. Another friend told me to buy the computer that way, but it would be under one of my sisters.

the apple store offers a student discount to students from almost any university or college. all you need to show them is your college i.d. i purchased my powerbook the same way. i got $200 off. you even get discount on other apple products....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
If i was you, i'd go for the
PowerBook™
you know you want one!

OP
T

TylerMoney

get ze powerbook frauline, you vill be happiyer becuz zat is vhat you veally vant :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 2.16Ghz, 1GB ram
yes definately get the powerbook!!1 :D

OP
K

Kananigirl

Yep! I'm going with the powerbook 12". This time I do actually get my hand on a discount, so I'm super happy with that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.