Bluetooth Transmission from MacBook to Stereo System?

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've got a question regarding the bluetooth capability of my new macbook. (I'm new to the world of apple, so bear with me if I start to sound a little ignorant) My problem is that I'm attempting to transmit my music wirelessly from my computer to my stereo through iTunes. I'm looking for a way to transmt it without having to have any adaptors hanging off of my audio jack (if possible). I'm assuming that I can exploit my laptop's bluetooth capabilities for this task, but am not exactly sure how. I read up on the AirPort Express and it seems like it would work, however, I already have a wireless network set up and running, so it seems like this would be some unnecessary overlap. I guess I'm looking for a system simply to handle audio transmission.

Also, I am a recording engineer and so I can be a little picky when it comes to my sound quality. I would prefer a system that does not use compression to broadcast (again, if possible).

Thanks much!
Matt

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Bluetooth doesn't have the range or bandwidth to be viable for hi quality streaming.

Airport express is the best option

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.