Mac not booting up???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16 Ghz Intel Core Duo 2, 100Gb Hard disk, Mac OSx
Hi Guys,
Wonder if someone can help me please. I recently bought a MacBook Pro as I wanted to get into Mac Support as well as making movies professionally. I had to reformat it yesterday due to problems I was getting. I found that after formatting and installing Apple Updates, I had to reboot as some require you to do so.

When I was shutting down, before rebooting in my haste I powered the machine down as it wasn't donig anything and was taking a long time. Now when I turn it on, it doesn't boot... I just shows the Apple Logo and the dialer/progress circular icon... Any ideas?

I've tried getting it to boot from media but it won't and just goes to that screen mentioned above.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks in advance...:(

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hiya,
I managed to get it sorted in the end... Took a complete reinstall but its fine now. Now I just had one more problem. When it boots up, it takes a while to load the apple logo and dialler screen.

I remember using the C command to boot from CD but I think that option it still on, as that the only logical explanation I can think of as to why it takes so long??

Any ideas anyone. :)

Reaction score
The option to boot from the Software Restore & Install DVD while pressing/holding the C key only works if the DVD is in the drive and you're holding the C key .... it will revert back to normal boot sequence otherwise. I'm not sure what to add to that since you say its a fresh install.

Maybe running Disc Utility from the Software Restore & Install DVD under the above requirements, and repairing Permissions and repairing the Hard Drive is a possible avenue in this instance. Also maybe you should run the Hardware Test too, which is also on the DVD.

Here's a link re:

Running the Hardware Test on an Intel Mac.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok I am going to get a pasting for this ... lol :[

The reason it took so long was because under startup disk it was using a network startup.

:Oops:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.