Used Titanium...

O

Orange

Friend is willing to sell his used Ti book for 1800 with 4 year warranty.... guys think its worth it?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I all ready have one, but you may want to give a description of the powerbook. How much memory, how fast is the processor, what is the size of the internal disk drive, and what type of optical drive is installed?

OP
N

nicholas

Even if it's the latest model Titanium before they discontinued it in favor of the aluminum models, $1800 is too much. Heck, for $2000 (which is Apple's price, you may find lower elsewhere) you can get a 15" Powerbook with a 1.33Ghz processor. You won't get a 4 year warranty, but I think the extra power of the new PB offsets that.

OP
O

Orange

nicholas said:
Even if it's the latest model Titanium before they discontinued it in favor of the aluminum models, $1800 is too much. Heck, for $2000 (which is Apple's price, you may find lower elsewhere) you can get a 15" Powerbook with a 1.33Ghz processor. You won't get a 4 year warranty, but I think the extra power of the new PB offsets that.

Thanks... I just realized that too... I think I'm gonna get the 12" iBook w/airport card and then up the ram some other day...

OP
N

nicholas

Orange said:
Thanks... I just realized that too... I think I'm gonna get the 12" iBook w/airport card and then up the ram some other day...

A wise decision, grasshopper.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.