Confusing Calibration

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0GHZ coreduo 1G RAM
This is a two part question. The first is how do I properly calibrate my battery. I found the instructions on how to do it but they confuse me so that I'm not completely certain I'm doing it right.

The second is, I downloaded the iStat pro widget and the battery health section is always up and down. I turned on my mac today and it was at 63%. am I doing something wrong to my mac? how do I keep the health up around 100%?

any help would rock!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook black, Intel C2D 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 320GB WD Scorpio HD
OP
TigerTooth
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The instruction on this link is quite easy to follow. http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63092

I use CoconutBattery to check the battery charge. It takes a while for the battery to charge so keep it plugged until you see the green light on the plug.

Yeah but the charge and the health are different. see here.
Picture1.jpg

the charge is at 98% right, which means I'm almost full, almost got a green light, I know that. But the health is at 86%, which I'm assuming that if the health were to drop to 0, then my battery would be worthless. That's what I'm wondering about. and the link you gave leads right back to here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
id depend more on coconut for battery health, or even in fact OSX, rather than istat.

if its got that much variation, it just cant be doing it correctly.
just goto the apple button top left, and "about this mac", then in power...should have a full rating from factory, and current

Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 5421
Remaining Capacity (mAh): 5370

mine is charged completely, and says 100%, so i can assume my batttery has a life of 99% left still (meaning capacity it can hold of original cap.)

OP
TigerTooth
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
id depend more on coconut for battery health, or even in fact OSX, rather than istat.

if its got that much variation, it just cant be doing it correctly.
just goto the apple button top left, and "about this mac", then in power...should have a full rating from factory, and current

Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 5421
Remaining Capacity (mAh): 5370

mine is charged completely, and says 100%, so i can assume my batttery has a life of 99% left still (meaning capacity it can hold of original cap.)

thanks a lot man.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.