Free File Hosting. 150MB+other features

Reaction score
hadimirza.host

I'm not trying to advertise or anything. But I have set up my own file hosting where you can upload max 150MB files, add a description, send the link to an email, and password protect it.

I'm just posting it so people can share files here instead on Rapidshare, where you have to pay fees to get faster speeds and whatever. There are no Download/Upload limits and you can look in the database for files other people have uploaded.

Thanks,

Hadi Mirza

(Please don't take it as I want to advertise my site on forums. I just have LOTS of space and I dont know what else to do with it. So, my space is also your space :))

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
to be honest, its a bad name, its hard to remember. Maybe vandalhost would be a better name? Just trying to help.

OP
V
Reaction score
Thanks man. I like honest people. It's my first website, and i'm just learning how to code HTML/Javascript (And I'm only fourteen). And obviously I named it after myself, but good suggestion. I like that name. I might change it.

Hadi

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
yh change the name

maybe change it to - filesharingforyou or something that it is very easy to remember or for people typing random internet addys in to come across.

im only 15 - so go for it mate.

OP
V
Reaction score
yeah thanks. I changed it to vandal.host. But do you think its worth getting a domain name for it? I have a domain name which i can register and host for free. I just don't wanna choose that domain name and nobody uses it. Any suggestions on how to make it a little popular? When I get enough visitors, I'll set up a redirect to the new domain. And I'm only 14 lol.

Hadi

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I wish you luck being that you are only 14, it is going to be a challenge. But don't let your age discourage you. This guy my dad knows started a company when he was 12, hes in his 60s now and just sold the same company for 100 million dollars! So I wish you the best of luck.

I think you should buy the domain if you know thats the name you are going to stick with.

OP
V
Reaction score
WOW.....thats an amazing story. I doubt I'll be that successful though lol. But more names for the domain/site would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hadi

OP
V
Reaction score
As second thought, I'll probably just keep it vandalhost.com. But I'm only gonna buy the domain if people use the service! So please spread it around. I'm trying to get my Dad's company to use it for when they send files over to people.

I'm just asking to publicize the site a little more so it would be worth it.

Thanks everyone,
Hadi

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
N/A
What are your backup and file security arrangements ?

OP
V
Reaction score
Backup:

The files are always going to be hosted on the site. If no one has downloaded it once in 30 days, it will be automatically removed. Their is 500GB storage in my hosting and 3,500GB Data transfer. When it comes time to move over to it's own separate domain, all the files would still be there, but for people who hosted their files before the domain transfer, all they would have to do is change the "hadimirza" to whatever new domain I get.

Security:

You will have the choice to add a description (to prevent from downloading wrong files), email file link to someone, so they can download it directly and then you can delete the file after they have it, and add a password of your choice (could be as simple as 1234 or supercrajafragalisticexpealadocious, your choice!)

Also, I am the only one who is admin for the FTP/file database, so your files won't be monitored or changed.

Hope this answers your questions

Hadi

OP
V
Reaction score
I've submitted the url to google's index so hopefully i would maybe get some traffic. But it would really be helpful if people can just use the service to host files, for when they need to share something.

Thanks to everyone who responded

Hadi Mirza

Reaction score
I'll use it; www.mediafire.com is what I use right now, but it goes down all the time; I'll try yours out :)

But I do see one problem; anyone can access the file's you've uploaded.

Am I missing something?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.