mac book vs Power Mac book

Reaction score
Ok so I have not yet taken the plunge. Im struggeling to see why I should shell out the 100% extra cash to buy the power book, when it seems to me the macbook is smaller and more portable and the new version now has the same 2.16 processor as the bottom price power book. like for like they are very similar.

So why should I shell out the extra cash? tell me more....

Thanks

My main use is photoshop and web work and I am considering buying a stand alone 20in monitor for desk work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I'm not sure if I understand what you are asking here.
Are you pitting a MacBook against a PowerBook?... or is it a MacBook against a MacBook Pro... or MacBook vs. Mac Pro?

If you are buying a 20" monitor anyway, then any one of those machines would be able to use it.
Also, if you are using the latest CS3 Version of Photoshop, then any of those machines would handle it just fine. Just make sure that you get enough RAM for it, I would reccommend at least 1 GB.

The poll you listed seems a bit pointless, but if those features are attractive to you, then get the machine that has them.
If not, then don't.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2GB, Mac Pro 2.66Ghz 3GB X1900.
This sub forum is for the Mac Pro and PowerMac desktops.

There are sub forums for the Macbook and Macbook pro where this sort of question gets asked every day.

If you are graphically biased then a Macbook pro will perform better. But even a Macbook is better than older PPC Mac laptops.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks, I realise now that I am in the wrong area but am grateful for your understanding. I also take your point about the poll. I think Ill settle for the cheaper option and just beef it up a bit. Thank You...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.