20 inch Cinema Display or Samsung 173T

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
matthews: Personally, I like the Apple 20 inch Cinema Display better than the Samsung display.

I have the 17 inch Cinema Display, and it's so pretty. :D

I'm sure the 20 inch is even prettier. :)

OP
M

matthews

Well yes its much "prettier" but as I said I could get two Samsung 17inch LCD's for more or less of the same price.

OP
N

nicholas

Going to an institute of technology, I'd recommend dual 17" screens. The screen real estate will effectively be larger than that of a 20", plus there is something about physical seperation of applications that makes tasks more manageable, less overwhelming, and multitasking is probably something you'll be doing a good deal of in your field. Even for personal use, I find that running a word processor and itunes on one screen, and internet and AIM instant messenger on the other makes life a lot easier.

Not sure if film/video is a hobby of yours, but if it is, a dual screen setup is mandatory.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Such a tough choice. The praticality of 2 displays is obvious enough, but every time I check out the Apple displays in the store I am overwelmed by the sheer quality :)

OP
M

matthews

nicholas said:
Going to an institute of technology, I'd recommend dual 17" screens. The screen real estate will effectively be larger than that of a 20", plus there is something about physical seperation of applications that makes tasks more manageable, less overwhelming, and multitasking is probably something you'll be doing a good deal of in your field. Even for personal use, I find that running a word processor and itunes on one screen, and internet and AIM instant messenger on the other makes life a lot easier.

Not sure if film/video is a hobby of yours, but if it is, a dual screen setup is mandatory.

Thanks,

Im getting very excited for going to school Im going to take my Cisco level 1-4. Network Operating Systems 1-4, Computer Electronics and Architecture, Structured Cabling for Computer Networks, Advanced Structured Cabling, Introduction to Programming Concept, Server + Comp Tia and finally A+Hardware Technician.

yeah yeah yeah its going to be a tough few years but lets just hope it will pay if in the long run.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.