Macbook pro dual monitors..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz, 160 GB at 7200rpms 4GB ram...iPhone 3G
K so I'm getting my macbook pro 17" in a short while... I'm going to hook it up to a 19" widescreen, for dual monitors. From other people experiences how is it working with a laptop and another monitor. For example I'm buying a wireless mightly mouse... but my main question is the key board... should i grab an external keyboard aswell. because in my perspective wouldn't it feel weird to be so close to your MBP and also looking at the 19". I personally like my monitors set back a little, so like I think i would be too close if i were typing on the MBP, while it's hooked up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
from the description of your preferences, i would say that it is probably better for you to pick up a keyboard to use.

Reaction score
yeah im considering a similar setup and am definitely getting a wireless keyboard too.. for ease of typing a paper and then when editing video for the two screens to be closer together.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz, 160 GB at 7200rpms 4GB ram...iPhone 3G
yea, it just seemed weird to be all crunched up close to one computer and typing while on dual monitors... Thanks ... And that will al work?.. Like having a mouse and a keyboard hooked up externally to bluetooth.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
ive got this going on for the time being...

HP 22" w2207
a few mice, for whatever one i wanna use at the time

thought it would shed a little light on the subject.

when i dont want to use the mbp screen, which is probably 50% or more of the time, i just sleep it closed, and either leave it shut with it on, or open it up after ive sleep closed it (if im doing encoding or something, i think it stays cooled with screen lid up)

the black keyboard and mouse goto the reciever between the monitors. the silver mouse which i love, is a logitech BT mouse, 40$ on newegg. im still looking for a darker BT keyboard, or even a silver one, no luck with finding something i like. i love the apple one, but its white, and i have a color scheme going good

IMG_0280.JPG

Reaction score
kgeier82, im running what you are running right now however, dont you find it annoying that the only way you can disable to mbp screen is to close it and wake it agian using the keyboard? or is this just me, is there another option that you can turn off the mbp screen and use the lcd monitor only?

thanks for your help.

im sure this will help thread starter too as it took me some time to figure out how to use only the lcd monitor lolz!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
yea it is a bit annoying but this is what i do.

when its shut off, i just open it, turn it on, and shut it right away. as long as the monitor has power, and is plugged into the mbp, the display pops onto the monitor. I dont shut my computer off anymore day to day, i just sleep it.

so i dont do the whole "make it sleep, hit an external button " deal.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.