Window users that are MAC WANNA BE'S!

J

jdoverkill

Ok, There's so many windows users out there that are stealing the hole mac look by modding their pcs to look like mac osx, and cloning the operations of macs. Some of us don't care, but when your running into website that say themes for MAC and it's not themes for mac it's themes to make your pc look like a mac.

Then you get these people running around say hey he has a mac, and you get to see it it's a PC running mod programs.

People like us pay alot of money for our macs!

All of the development for these windows users so called mac programs, and software happens to take place all in once spot... [link removed]

Mac them selfs have been trying very hard to shut them down. Ebay is getting reports of users selling MACS that arn't macs, just modded PCS at low low prices.

I think this has gone too far... Ive seem to found one thing that seems to bother them...

They use their forums for communications, and development of these so called mac look a like wanna be programs!

So ive went in there pretending to love [link removed] and post on every post there irrelevant information, like reply with OH! they seem to have a very low amount of monthly bandwith, and when their forums flood it shuts down the server!

So if we can get alot of people to register over there, post about 22 posts a day of irrelevant information, being nice about it and all... They'll slowly corrupt!

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Someone is very idiotic in this thread. And for once, it's not me.
Let PC users do as they choose.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
Sorry, this board is not a place to discover where to go to flame other computer users.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
jdoverkill: This is the most pointless thing if you see what I mean. Let them. Let them make every pc on Earth look exactly like a Mac with OS X. Dock, Macintosh hard drive, the works! Who cares? Mac isn't about looks, it's about the OS, and no pc running doz can ever do that, and Linux can get pretty close, and that's just fine. Isn't immitation the best compliment after all? :)

OP
T

TylerMoney

They're just dreaming for the maac..that's what they want..but they already have pcs...so they're trying to get as close as they can....let them do it, and be more happy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Now what if people were coming in here and posting all this pointless stuff just because they don't like macs? Live and let live, especially when it comes to preference in computers and the community that supports that preference. Like we have told several people that have had the same attitude and have come here to start wars.. if you don't like macs.. go to a pc forum and flame macs there, don't do it here. If it annoys you, don't go to that site.. it's pretty easily taken care of :)

Cheers!

OP
T

TylerMoney

I'm so happy, I love everything. I love pcs, I love macs...I love dell..whoot!

OP
U

Uni

i beg to differ, based on one point. The thing on eBay is passing on Mac's bad name for quality because of a few reckless people. But on all other points, im gonna jump on the bandwagon. Let tthe dopey doz users do as they please. Half of them are so ignorant as to the real point of OSX that it makes little difference to the majority of us genuine mac users.

Uni/.

OP
T

TylerMoney

bad quality...it's not really anything....it's actually, in all honesty, similar..and almost the same as pcs...imagine will you, how many pcs have problems....laptops, desktops...yada yada....well, since there are so many pcs, it just doesn't seem to be big..with mac...only 2-4 of computer users have macs...out of those people...I'd say 80% are completely happy and undoubtedly in love with their macs..the other 20% have problems...and then they're delt with. PC's have so many problems...it just comes with the trade...you can have 50% of the pcs having problems..and you'll never hear about it..cause it's always been like that....overall, macs still have higher quality..at least form what I can tell..I mean, this is the first time I've had a computer without any serious problems....and I've had my computer for over five months..now that seems like a long time..but when I first came to school...within five months, I already had to reformat my hardrive do to a virus...and then again a few months later because of some windows problem thingy....I had to restart my mac one time because of some weird thing...and then it was fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2Ghz SR MBP
i have a pc and a mac. my mac sorta sits around until i need it for editing otherwise my pc is my main computer because its a laptop. You should let people be happy. I barely afforded a mac. You remind me of all the Lexus customers who got pissed that their cars looked like normal toyota camrys.

OP
T

TylerMoney

lets just call it peace. we can all get along....if you have a computer..you should be able to do whatever you want with it...that's part of the joy of having a computer....so, happy happy joy joy..pc is as mac ahoy! (don't ask what that means...I have no idea...it's 5:30 am..I need sleep..and this is what happens when I don't have it).

OP
D

dtx3000

wouldnt it be funny if jdoverkill was trying to load up macforums with irrelevant links and corrupt our site by the loads of bandwith.
nah, just kidding.
i used to mod the os of my pc to look like os x, too!

OP
S

StealthMode

haha, I still try to mod my PC to look lik emy PB once in awhile, just because th einterface is so much easier to use.. Then I can pretend I have a G5 for my desktop :p

Reaction score
I used to have my Palm OS PDA look like OS X
I hadn't even tried any Mac yet
I got my IBook few months ago, and my PDA still looks like OS X
There isn't anything wrong with that

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum PowerBook G4. 15.2" SUPAH-drive
Well looks like this battle came to a nice ending. And well I for one am one lazy guy, so I have not even touched the setting on my PC, all it's used for now is Cool Edit and Games. :) But then again, it's sitting at my parents place 25 miles away. =/ Just need to go pick it up.. but that's a whole other story. :)

EY

OP
L

LoneGman

You OC folks are kinda strange to begin with, but I digress... ;) Now, if only I can figure out how to pay for a Mac without starving to death, the world will truly be a better place! :p

-- Michael Bankston, AKA "LoneGman"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum PowerBook G4. 15.2" SUPAH-drive
LoneGman said:
You OC folks are kinda strange to begin with, but I digress... ;) Now, if only I can figure out how to pay for a Mac without starving to death, the world will truly be a better place! :p

-- Michael Bankston, AKA "LoneGman"
I hear you on that one.. if only Macs were as cheap as the average bear! err.. i mean computer. :)

EY

OP
T

TylerMoney

I think'll they come down in prices as soon as they up their numbers...they can't afford to give as low prices as pc companies...they put more money into their computers, and sell less.

OP
G

ghenrytaylor

alejandrico said:
I used to have my Palm OS PDA look like OS X
I hadn't even tried any Mac yet
I got my IBook few months ago, and my PDA still looks like OS X
There isn't anything wrong with that

How did you do your Palm to look like OS X. I have a T3 and would love to have it look that way.

I also saw on The Screen Savers last night that Kevin Rose had a program to run OS X on a PeeCee. Ran slow, but it ran (with a generous amount of crashes and freezing thrown in).
Thanks,
Henry

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
OS X emulator on pc... neat but why not just run x86 BSD or Linux?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.