Window users that are MAC WANNA BE'S!

Reaction score
Blacksburg, VA - home of System X, making your pow
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 DA 466 MHz
I remember we had a thread a month or so ago about the windows xp multitasking limits. I did a little test of my own, and found similar results, that xp will run out of resources after having around 60 windows open. I ran the test on kubuntu linux, had about 150 terminal windows open, figured there was no end in sight so gave up. I didn't have an OS X machine at the time, and now I'm not going to bother trying with my powermac g4 with around 400 mb of memory.

My thoughts have always been that for the casual user, windows xp will do the trick. For people who use their computers for productivity, mac os is the way to go. Finally, for people who are not necessarily using their computer as a tool to accomplish other tasks but are really in it for the computer itself (i.e. nerds*), Linux is the way to go.

*This term is not being used derogatoraly; I am a computer engineering student myself!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
Well as earlier stated if somone tries to immitate mac os X that is a very big compliment for macs!

OP
F

Fallooza

*please read post #23 for all my thoughts and opinions on this thread*

Thank You

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Raisin' the dead, eh?

crc%20zombie.jpg

OP
W

washablemarker

oh man. i used to think windows and pc's were superior to mac and os x. then my piece of crap pc got in fested with viruses so i had to have it swiped. 3 monts later windows got all corrupted and i swiped it again. basically that forced me to use this G4 a friend had given me. in only a few days i fell in love with it. my pc is fixed but i really have no desire to use it. i'd much rather stick with mac. theres a much smaller chance of getting viruses and it runs a whole lot smoother.

OP
G

Gavin

Some people can't get macs.. So they get the closest they can get...

You should be happy PC users are "looking up" to the MAC.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.