Folders in Dock Won't Open

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" (3GB DDR2)
I have my home folder and application folder in my dock but for some reason I can't get them to open when I click on them. I can right click them and see a contextual menu of their contents but if I click open in the menu or just left click the dock icon nothing happens. The same thing goes for my Trash. I can right click the dock icon and empty it but I can't open it to see what's in the trash. If I logout the problem goes away when I log back in, but eventually it occurs again. Anyone know what's causing this?

Reaction score
Regarding the Home/Application folders in your Dock, have you tried removing them and then adding them to the Dock to see if this changes anything?

Regarding your Trash problem, I haven't come across your exact issue before but this article might shine some light on how to fix things.

M

MacHeadCase

These problems seem to be all related to the Dock plist.

Did you try trashing that file and then restarting? Might help. The path is this:

Macintosh HD -> Users -> your user account -> Library -> Preferences -> com.apple.dock.plist

Let us know how this goes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.