Anyone using My Book Pro II for backup/storage?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I am currently using a Maxtor 100GB External hard drive that is acting up. It is giving out a loud noise and I assume that it will be dead soon. I would like to get an external hard drive to be used as both a storage and backup device. I looked at the specs of the Western Digital My Book Pro Edition II and I think that's what I want to see in the specs of the external hard drive that I will get. So I was wondering if any of you here has any experience with it and also if you would recommend me anything else. Here is what I want:
-A good amount of storage space; 200GB or more.
-Can backup the whole system as well as individual files.
-Users can replace the hard drives themselves.
-Good warranty (the My Book Pro Edition II has a 3-year warranty)
-I am not familiar with RAID but I think that's when you have two copies of the hard drives so when one dies you still have a full copy of the hard drive. This is what I essentially want.

Any comments and suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
I have two Maxtor drives, no problems at all. One is an actual external (OneTouch II) and another one is just some regular internal drive I got from Black Friday. I just bought an external enclosure and made it into an external.

No problems at all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.