Overheating?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook 15" G4 1.5ghz
i have the 15" g4 1.5ghz powerbook and i have a problem...
it goes up to 60Celcius degrees after a 30 minutes of use! is that normal or do i have a problem ? is there a chance of burning my laptop if i use it under these temperatures? any of you have the same problem? what do i have to do? i have the istat nano widget and in the temperature section everything goes up to 60 and my fans are off... is there a fan inside this machine?

thanks

bizarrius

Reaction score
that's normal temp. I have mine at around 120F with fans blowing @ 2500 RPM. You can download SMC Fan Control to set the minimum speed of the fans. And no you won't burn up your lappy. I would get worried at about 85C.

OP
bizarrius
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook 15" G4 1.5ghz
i think my fan isn't running though. the istat nano says that my fans run on 0rpms. there is no fan control for a g4 powerbook. at least i couldnt find one. the one you gave me is for macbook only. :/

Reaction score
i have a problem with my mac overheating but it says the fans are running at 4500+ rpm. usually (or they used to) they run at 2000 rpm.
sometimes this has happened if i have it on my lap, but in the past if it did that i would put it on a flat surface and the fans would run at normal speed, now they just keep speeding up.
any suggestions?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.