Messenger for mac

Reaction score
Hey i am new here so mods please feel free to move this if it is the wrong place. As a Current (and very much increasingly dissapointed) PC user i am looking in the very near future at buying a mac book pro. The problem i am having at the moment is i usually use msn messenger to have video conversations with friends i have in South Africa (i live in the UK) and i am told that messenger for mac doesnt support cams like live messenger does on the PC.

So my question is does anyone know a solution to this as it would make the Mac a non-starter if i cannot do this and it would be a shame to have to buy another microsoft based virus box.

Cheers in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
I am not sure what messenger for mac can and cannot do, but couldn't you and your friends just sign up for a free account on Skype? It works with Linux, Windows, OS X and supports video communications very well from my experiences.

Best,

Brian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money

Is ther a Windows Live Messenger available for the Mac? I didn't think there was. Think the last version of MSN for the Mac was v 6.0 which does not support web cams. But as pointed out above, aMSN does have webcam support.

I use and like adiumX (Or just adium now) but I'd probably go back to MS product if they launch live messenger for the Mac. (adium does not suppor web cam chat - but I like the interface and don't need web cam support most times.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.