Modifying Apple Logo Color

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 16g iPhone 3g, 30g iPod classic
I came across iColours.ca and instantly started picking out what I wanted to buy... then I stumbled across the FAQ section and found out replacing your apple logo voids your warranty. I have the APP so I definitely don't want to do this. Is there a seal that is broken so Apple will be able to tell? I want to replace mine... and if I had a problem later down the road and had to take in my computer to be fixed I figured I'd just put the original back in. Does anyone know much about this? The instructions of how to do it are on the site. It seems simple enough... I just don't want to risk totally messing up my computer.

Just in case you were wondering... I want orange.

4pvt9ht.jpg

To match my sweet lap top case.

67qtc20.png

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I came across iColours.ca and instantly started picking out what I wanted to buy... then I stumbled across the FAQ section and found out replacing your apple logo voids your warranty. I have the APP so I definitely don't want to do this. Is there a seal that is broken so Apple will be able to tell? I want to replace mine... and if I had a problem later down the road and had to take in my computer to be fixed I figured I'd just put the original back in. Does anyone know much about this? The instructions of how to do it are on the site. It seems simple enough... I just don't want to risk totally messing up my computer.

Just in case you were wondering... I want orange.

To match my sweet lap top case.

I have also read that there is some sort of tamper-evident seal on Mac portables.

Typically these kinds of seals are placed in a very conspicuous way so as to deter the user from opening the case. I did open my MacBook Pro shortly after I got it, just because I'm a geek like that and I wanted to see the placement of the components.

As an IT professional, I've opened literally hundreds of laptops, so I am very careful and always focused on the details to make sure that my work is done well. With that said, I noticed no tamper-evident seals anywhere within my MBP. This may be because mine was a refurbished machine to begin with, but I highly doubt it.

In my opinion, rumors of such a seal are urban legend. That doesn't mean there isn't one - but if there is - it must be very well hidden.

YMMV, of course - but do consider it carefully before you pull the trigger and keep in mind that you would need to remove the overlay if you ever had to send the machine in for service.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
I used to have what Ride suggested above and it's definitely the safer choice. Mine didn't fit very well (Poorly made, not poorly applied) so I removed it after a month. The internal ones do look better in my opinion but it's just not worth the hassle unless you have lots of cash or you're already out of your warranty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB 2.6 Ghz, 4 GB ram
Where did you get that laptop case Bethany? I know someone that would really like it.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
That's crap. With G4 iBooks you remove 4 screws and the back case pops off. From start to finish its a 5 minute job. It's about as easy as adding or removing RAM and equally as non-destructive. No wires to disconnect or anything, just the four screws.
I saw BOO to Apple.
Bryan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4 (tiger) 24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 1Gb Ram, 320Gb Hard Drive, (leopard)
i agree with the above post, i done this to my ibook today, took all of 5 minutes, and it doesn't cost anything either.

OP
BethanyLieb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah but the macbook pro is significantly more complicated to deconstruct. i emailed the owner of the site and he said there's no seal so i'm goin for it. i want orange. i want it bad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2ghz C2D, 2gig Ram, 120gig HD / 60gig Black Ipod Video / 2nd Gen Ipod Shuffle
that is a sweet laptop case and good luck with the mod.
Oh and I see you're from dublin, cool, i went to Pickerington

OP
BethanyLieb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah i go to osu too... are you still a student or a graduate?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2ghz C2D, 2gig Ram, 120gig HD / 60gig Black Ipod Video / 2nd Gen Ipod Shuffle
still a student, i've switched my major about 4x

Computer Engineering > Architecture > Finance > Film Studies. I should be done next spring or so.

OP
BethanyLieb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
gotcha.. i've switched once.

journalism>pre-med minoring in spanish. should be interesting. i just finished my first year so i have plenty of time to change my mind.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah, you'll have that. 4 years have gone by fast.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.