isight has gone walkies!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 Quad, 6GB DDR3, iPhone 4
I've just installed xp on latest Parallels.. all went very smoothly. When I tried to install the isight drivers we hit a little problem. XP recognised the isight, etc and the install happened, but the icon didn't appear that is meant to and I have now "lost" the isight from the list of usb devices.

On top of that I can't access the isight from within OSX either - I get not plugged in or in use. I have shut everything down, rebooted, but to no avail.

Any pointers?

Thanks very much,

Adam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
I've just installed xp on latest Parallels.. all went very smoothly. When I tried to install the isight drivers we hit a little problem. XP recognised the isight, etc and the install happened, but the icon didn't appear that is meant to and I have now "lost" the isight from the list of usb devices.

On top of that I can't access the isight from within OSX either - I get not plugged in or in use. I have shut everything down, rebooted, but to no avail.

Any pointers?

Thanks very much,

Adam

Stoopid idea, but isn't the Isight firewire? Unless they've made a USB version now.

Mine's firewire. Very pretty it is, but 2 years after buying it, I still haven't found any situation where I can actually use it. :)

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 Quad, 6GB DDR3, iPhone 4
should add it is a internal isight so it uses usb :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.