Pro Application Support 4.0

Reaction score
Does anyone know EXACTLY what Apple's "Pro Application Support" is? It is presenting itself on OSX Software Update. Every single website has copied the standard Apple story which is:

This update improves general user interface reliability for Apple's professional applications and is recommended for all users of Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro, Motion, Soundtrack Pro, DVD Studio Pro, Aperture, Final Cut Express HD, Soundtrack, Logic Pro and Logic Express.

I have been reading about people that had their applications crashing after this update, so I will not even concider doing the update for now. I am just very curious as to what this software does other than "improving general user interface reliability for Apple's professional applications"

OP
D
Reaction score
And if I put you off by asking for an EXACT answer... I will accept aproximate answers too :)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
All I can tell you is what the update says in the information window, like you have read. I have also read about other people having problems. I normally install them with no problems, but in this case I am planning to wait. Apple and I are working through an issue which want to resolve first before I add anything that made add to my problem.

As for the update, the only individuals, that will see it is those with Apple's professional applications as you stated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.