New Macbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz 1GB Ram 80GB Drive
I just got my new Macbook on Monday. So far I think its as great as I have been reading in these forums.
I had a strange occurance today, and want to know if I should be concerned.
I had let my Macbook go to sleep last night off the charger. This AM it would not wake up. I had to connect the charger and hold the power button down.It then restarted. Is this a problem,or did I do something wrong. I had over 1 hour of battery left once it restarted.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
did u get the one thats just been updated or the one b4 that ?

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I got the original refreshed 2.0 , but went back Tuesday and got a price adjustment. Gave $108 credit back. Made me happy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz C2D MacBook 2GB RAM 80GB HD
You got the refurbished unit and got a price adjustment? I just bought mine 3 weeks ago.

Nevermind. Price adjustment is for 10 days only.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Mine did exactly that the first time after I bought it and put it to sleep for the night (and put it by the bed thinking I could wake up, open the lid, and log into work to check email.) It was warm as if it hadn't been sleeping at all, and no response until I hooked it up to the charger. Battery was at 7% when it had been at 97% 8 hours or so earlier when I put it to sleep.

Since I have Applecare (and I didn't even have it for three days yet) I decided to call them and ask what's up. Tech walked me through resetting the power management system, which involves shutting down, removing battery and some other stuff I forgot. Search the Apple site and give that a try. It worked for me, and my Macbook has behaved like a Macbook should when you put it to sleep.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks I will give that a try

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.