Buying a G4

Reaction score
Hello,

I am in the process of buying a G4 for the photography studio I work in. We are getting a drum scanner with software that can only run in OS 9. Since this machine will only be running the scanning software we don't really need anything over the top just something robust enough to run the software with at least 500mb of RAM. Also, I plan on using the machine with a KVM so I can share the monitor with the G5 I use at my workstation. Any suggestions on what to look for?

Thanks for the help.

Rob

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
I would go to the max. RAM.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz MBP w/ 2GB of ram and 320 GB HD, 4GB iPhone, 60GB iPod
id be asking myself "whats in my budget"? and looking for a powermac that route. most PMs can probably support what you need, but id shoot for at least a G4 processor and at least 512mb of ram.

check the buy sell section, as there constantly PMs like this going for sale for right price.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2GB, Mac Pro 2.66Ghz 3GB X1900.
Get as much RAM as you can. It tends to become hard and expensive to buy over time, but CPUs and other parts usually reduce in price.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.