How To Get Back My Artwork?

Reaction score
My iTunes was not launching. So I moved my music out of the "iTunes music" folder. Then I deleted these files:

-iTunes Library
-iTunes Music Library.xml
-com.apple.iTunes.plist

I then restarted iTunes and added my music back into my library. Now majority of my album artwork is gone. Is there an easy way to retrieve it or must I find them one by one online?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
I don't think you can retrieve them. Within your music folder, is another folder that should be titled Album Artwork. I think you must have accidentally deleted that.

I can give you a couple of tips to getting the artwork back though. First, is a widget, titled Amazon Art. Start playing an album, load the widget and search for it. If it brings up the artwork, you can hit a button on the widget and have it download and apply the artwork for the entire album. Pretty convenient.

I also use Gimmesometunes for artwork and lyrics. Once it's loaded, it will automatically search for and apply artwork and lyrics for any song you play. If it finds them, it applies them. If not, it leaves the song untouched. Both of these together should allow you to get pretty much any album art, provided it exists online. I don't think it can apply artwork to a whole album though, just the currently playing song. I've found this handy app to actually get some really hard to find artwork, from international artists.

Hope this works for you, and that your iTunes starts to behave itself once again.

Reaction score
When iTunes is back to the way you want it, duplicate the entire iTunes folder in your Music folder by Option-dragging it somewhere else — if your mp3s aren't in the folder. Or burn it onto a CD or DVD if they are, and you have a ton of them. (This is why I don't keep my music files in the iTunes folder.)

Replacing a corrupted iTunes folder with the backup would fix even a very complicated setup in a matter of seconds — if the backup is kept up to date, more or less.

Reaction score
Since Album Artwork is sometimes hard to get without the album name, I recommend spending $20 on an App called MPfreaker. It works where nothing else i've found will. It will get lyrics and artwork as well, but it is not the end-all because it too has a lot of can't-finds. But, you probably need a widget or two as well as the App previously referred to you called 'Givemesometunes' (sp ?). To do it right may require a variety of help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4
if the artwork was there before and now it's not, that means that you got the artwork from apple.
just select all yr songs, control + click, and select get album artwork.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.