Memory Upgrade From Mac Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
I purchased 2 1 GB sticks from a seller on here, who told me he bought them directly from the apple store. He supplied me with the recipt from the store, the box, one year warranty, memory, instuctions, all offical from apple.

Only there seems to be confusion over what brand of memory apple uses.

When I took out my stock ram, it was hynix. This ram is samsung, with apple stickers on it and all (do not remove/removal may void warrantly & an apple logo).

I got these sticks for 100 bucks for the pair. I know there is cheaper out there, but I liked the idea of upgrading my memory, saving some cash, and not voiding my applecare.

Here's the problem, is samsung actually offical apple ram? Some say hynix. Personally it looks like to me hynix is the basic ram, then samsung is their upgrade model.

I was just curious if anyone else has this memory or has purchased this upgrade or any upgrade from mac and what brand it was.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB
I believe the RAM brand doesn't matter, as it has the specification for your computer. Many here claim to have updated their RAM with CRUCIAL sticks, for example.

OP
XMARLTONX
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
Naw I understand that, what I am asking is what brand is apple's upgrade ram? Thats what I purchased from someone (samsung) and I was wondering if anyone else has purchased ram from apple as an upgrade.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
There is no official upgrade ram. I have gotten Samsung and Hynix from apple on different occasions

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.